This gluten free, 3 ingredient cake will put a skip in your step! This time of year is the perfect time for decadent treats like this! So easy, you’ll want to save this recipe in your favorites!
The ground walnut flour adds a rustic texture not found with almond flour. Perfect with Prosecco and dessert wines- or if you are so inclined, an espresso and a slice for breakfast!
Be careful not to over bake and let it get plenty of chill!
Torta di Noci Calabrian Walnut Cake
3/4 Pound of shelled walnuts
4 Eggs, seperated
1 Cup caster (superfine) sugar
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
Powdered sugar for dusting
- Pulverize your walnuts until you have a coarse meal
- Grease a 9 inch round pan
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until pale and creamy. Add in the lemon zest and walnut meal. Combine.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold carefully into your walnut mixture.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake at 375 for about 50 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- This cake is better served chilled, so let it cool and then transfer to the fridge for an hour or so.
- When it’s time to serve dust it with the powdered sugar!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and have a terrific holiday season!
#glutenfreedessert #glutenfreecake #glutenfreefood #enjoycake #italianwalnutcake #rhondahuntlovestofeedyou #saturdaystable.com