Okay, I hear you and I’m on it. This recipe is so legit that I’ve been circling around the thing all day. Yes, I’m eating and without guilt.
THESE FABULOUS FUDGY KETO BROWNIES ARE 4 NET CARBS PER BROWNIE!
I’m not going to hold you up any longer, so here it is!
Keto Brownies- Are you ready!
NOTE: I DID NOT USE CHIA SEEDS, I DIDN’T HAVE THEM. INSTEAD I USED GROUND FLAX SEED. I GRIND IT MYSELF, BUT YOU CAN BUY IT PRE-GROUND.
- Brownie Layer
- 1 bar (3½ oz / 100 g) extra dark chocolate – 85 % cocoa (I used Ghirardelli Midnight Reverie)
- 4.4 oz (125g) butter, ghee or coconut oil (I used butter)
- 3 large eggs
- 15-20 drops liquid stevia (I used ½ teaspoon Stevia Glycerite)
- ¾ cup (4.2 oz/ 120 g) erythritol, powdered
- 1 cup (3.5 oz/ 100 g) almond flour
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon (1.6 oz/45 g) cocoa powder
- ¼ cup (1.1 oz/ 30 g) ground chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
I DID NOT MAKE THE FROSTING, THE BROWNIE DOESN’T REALLY NEED IT. I HAD FRESH STRAWBERRY INSTEAD.
- Chocolate Layer
- ½ bar (1.8 oz/50 g) extra dark chocolate – 85 % cocoa (Ghirardelli Midnight Reverie)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter (I used ghee)
- ¼ cup (2 fl oz, 60 ml) heavy whipping cream
- (I sweetened with a FEW DROPS of stevia glycerite)
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350 F (gas mark 4) and position the rack to the middle. Spray an 8×8 square (20×20) brownie pan (I used a 9×9 inch) with baking spray and line with parchment so that the bottom and two opposite sides are mostly covered. Leave the excess parchment so that you can pull the brownies out of the pan when cool.
- Brownies: Break the chocolate into small pieces and add it and the butter into a small bowl placed over slowly simmering water. When most of the chocolate has melted, remove the bowl and stir the chocolate.
- Place the eggs, stevia and powdered erythritol into a medium bowl and mix to combine. Next beat in the chocolate. Add the dry ingredients and starting on low speed and gradually getting faster, mix until thoroughly combined. (starting on low prevents the cocoa powder from making a big cloud!)
- Spread the thick brownie batter into the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Let it cool in it’s pan. When cool, run a sharp thin knife around the edge and lift the brownies out of the pan with the parchment. Don’t worry if it cracks.
- Chocolate Layer: Break the chocolate into small pieces and place into a smallish bowl with the ghee, coconut oil or butter. Pour the heavy cream into a small saucepan and, over medium heat, bring it up to a simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and let it sit for a minute. Stir until combined and glossy. Let it cool a bit and thicken. Spread over the brownies and let cool in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened.
- Cut and serve.
This recipe is adapted from Martina’s book shown here. I’ve adapted her recipe by replacing the chia seeds with flax seed flour. I invite you to check her out!!!
I love that the Low Carb Maven is all about sharing. I too love sharing all the treasures I come across, so I hope you share this too!
Happy Brownie Making,
There has been some question about the accuracy of the carb count. Please note the following: *I def eat this in small quantities and I didn’t use frosting, so the carb count would be a dab less*
- Serves: 16
- Serving size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 202
- Fat: 20
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 4